Friday, April 17, 2009

another month - time flies!




It seems like a month goes like a week - I don't know where the time goes. Taylor has been in our family 8 months - we're going to this Chinese restaurant that's supposed to be great on Sunday to celebrate another month of being a family - Taylor doesn't care why I like to remember each month as a milestone, she's just happy to chow down on some good Chinese cooking!
Emilee has her license now and can "fly solo". She has a great part time job that will be full time through the summer and we need her to be able to drive herself - I'm spending so much time getting her to and from her work place that we decided to help her get a used vehicle and she is now the proud owner of a little red truck! She plans on "dressing it up" with a Washington Redskins steering wheel cover and floor mats - I let her drive to work by herself yesterday for the first time and literally walked the floor and prayed the whole time til she called me and told me she was at work safely...it doesn't get any easier as they get older!
Sara and Chuck have decided that they are going to raise chickens and have their own organic eggs so they bought 4 little chicks. I'm waiting on that quiche, Sara! Sara loves these little ones, their names are Rosa, Harriett, Lucille and Lolita. They are living in her house right now in a large rubbermaid container while Chuck builds a chicken coop...he'd better get busy before they learn how to fly!

1 comment:

  1. I don't even want to think about Gene driving. You are so right though. It does NOT get any easier. Chicks! How adorable. If we ended up getting that one house with the larger property we would have done that too.

    ReplyDelete