Saturday, March 13, 2010

Guatemala

Emilee left for Guatemala early, early this morning. Tom and I drove her to meet the bus that would take her group to the Dulles Aiport at 3 a.m.. Last night, Em and I went to see Alice and Wonderland (with Johnny Depp). It was a fun mom/daughter thing to do before I let her leave me to go off on her adventure to a third world country. She will experience things I've never gotten to, I'm jealous! Our church is starting a program to aid a particular area in Guatemala, this group of villages will become like sister cities so to speak, so there will plenty of opportunities to travel to this reagion - I have it on my 'things to do' list. I am jealous of knowing she will be spending days in tropical temperatures. I can hardly wait to see the beautiful pictures she will take. We have a friend who has so generously let Emilee take a "real camera" (her words lol) to capture her adventure. She is so interested in photography and I'm sure will take advantage of this special gift of having good equipment to use during her trip.

I just checked her flights on a flight tracking program and she has landed in San Salvadore and is on a commuter flight to Guatemala City. I am hoping she feels better than when she flew to China. Tomorrow the real work will begin. She will get to visit a baby rescue center, travel to a village and attend a church in a rural area, help with a Bible school at an orphanage, and visit a home for the elderly and sing songs and minister to that group. Stay tuned for some pictures late next week!

1 comment: