Today was Taylor's big day, her 7th birthday, and she drug it out over several days to make it last. When Sara came home for her birthday, Taylor got presents from Chuck and Sara and my parents. Then yesterday, we took treats in to share with her class at school. Taylor decided that she just had to try out tent camping as she'd lived almost 7 yrs and had not lived that experience, so last night, Tom, Jennifer, Taylor and I went tent camping at Otter Creek on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We gave Taylor a new bike as she'd outgrown her old one (which Jennifer inherited). The camping trip was labeled a success and we'll definitely be doing that some more!
Then today, Taylor's best friends came and shared some good fun, and, of course, birthday cake and ice cream. Taylor is blessed with such awesome friends, and I am blessed that these friends come with such great moms. Taylor reported to Tom that while she and her friends played, "the moms just chatted and chatted". Everyone is so busy, it was such a treat to hang out with my two friends, I could've spent all evening with them, time does fly when you are having fun.
Tomorrow I go spend some time with Sara. She just found out she's got to be on 'bed rest' the remainder of her pregnancy. Penny is letting her know early on that she wants to control things (Sara was always kind of bossy so I expect Penny to give her a run for her money). I am taking DVD's, magazines, hopefully some comfort food, to make Sara's down time a little more bearable.
I am the luckiest mom in the world, I have such great girls, and can't wait to add another girl into this family to love. Hold on Penny, we're getting ready for you, can't wait to meet you!
What a great mom you are Deb! Happy Birthday Taylor! She looks like an exotic beauty in these photos. And the last one is especially cute ; ) . I hope all is well with Sara and Penny.
ReplyDelete