A good friend posted on her blog about how her Christmas tree is special, not because its one of those perfectly beautiful trees that has a theme, but that its full of memories and meaning.
We have a tree like that, I have an ornament from every year since I've been married (and thats a lot!) and then years ago Tom started a tradition where the kids got me an ornament for my birthday every year because its the week before Christmas and add those in and then the ones the kids made and we have a tree full of memories too.
This year Emilee made me a special tree for our family room. I always wanted our tree in our family room but tradition dictates that it be in our living room and Emilee cannot stand to break a tradition. So to make us both happy, she got me a small tree and filled it full of ornaments that she hand made, its an art form called quilling. As usual, my pictures don't do justice to the subject, but I had to share some of my special ornaments from my first family room Christmas tree.
What an AMAZING gift! Happy Birthday dear friend ; )
ReplyDeleteWow...That was an AMAZING gift!!! And I need to find out about this quilling. The ornaments Em made are GORGEOUS. You're one lucky lady- to have such a caring & loving family who LOVE you sooooo dearly! Happy Birthday, Dear Friend!!!!
ReplyDelete