Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting started, again...

OK, my friends are blogging and I so enjoy following along with them and seeing their kids grow through their pictures, that I want to be able to share pictures and life's happenings with them too. So, today I'm starting a new blog for our family. The title "Jumping out of the Boat" is from a talk Tom and I heard about 5 years ago that had a major impact on our lives. Our pastor at the time was talking about going through life and deciding how those lives should be lived. Should we always play it safe, or take chances and maybe make some sort of impact? There is a story in the Bible where Jesus is walking on water toward a boat carrying his disciples and these friends see him and one of the disciples wants to follow Him so badly that he steps out of the boat and his faith allows him to walk on the water too, to get to Jesus. Tom and I want to try to live our lives with enough faith to be able to step out of the boat (knowing we'll never walk on water but willing to get our feet wet) to live our lives to the fullest, make a positive impact on those we come in contact with...not an easy task but something we strive to accomplish one day at a time.

Our family is SO very important to us, our kids all keep us hopping! This blog is about recording the triumphs and family fun times, and probably some goof ups and falls along the way too.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely incredibly said Deb. :o) Your blog is already so uplifting. Thank you, as I get "my feet a little wetter" by knowing you and your family.
    ash

    ReplyDelete