Monday, March 16, 2009

7 months and rolling!







I can't believe we are at 7 months and I didn't post for a whole month! Taylor is just settling into our family in leaps and bounds. She's still feisty and temperamental but then that's just a couple of the reasons we love her. She's learning what it means to be in a family, to cooperate, to wait for others to be first at times (something she's still got to work on), to accept we're not perfect but that we're the perfect family for each other.

Taylor is learning to read! I can't believe that she is sounding out words and wanting to read to me...she is amazingly smart. I asked her the other day what she liked to do when she wasn't in school, what did she like to do for fun (we were playing like we were meeting each other for the first time). She answered "dress up, and be pretty". We're going to have our hands full with this one when she's a teenager.

Emilee has been taking first aid at school and is still working at the daycare where she wrangles 4 yr. olds. It won't be long til school is over and summer is here! Emilee already has a full time position lined up at the daycare for the summer so that will help her have enough spending money to finance taking care of her little mini dachsund - he's a handful, the cutest dog I've ever seen, now if he would just learn to go outside (he hates the cold and would much prefer to use the bathroom indoors, thanks a lot).

Sara and Chuck are busy renovating their house - they tear up a new room every day, but they are making headway and it will all look pretty cool once they get it done. Sara is staying busy keeping a toddler and is trying to add a couple other kids to the mix (whew!). They haven't been in for awhile but will probably be here soon as Chuck and Tom need to go fishing really badly (or so I hear).

During this past month we got our first big snow in a long time and Taylor picked me her first bouquet of flowers to her mom.

We are so blessed to experience life with all our girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment