Well, everyone knows by now that Taylor broke her arm last week. What a busy time this has been, she had to have surgery to set her dislocated elbow back in place and that was harder on her mom than Taylor, I think! The staff at the orthopedic center made sure she got a red cast (her favorite color) rather than the boring white the hospital usually puts on so that helped a little. Taylor was very self conscious about it at first but Emilee convinced her it was cool to get everyone to sign it so she's starting to realize the cast has given her some privileges and she's starting to work the system for all its worth!
Today she had to be her favorite zoo animal at preschool - she decided she wanted to be a zebra (probably because Emilee just won an art award for painting a zebra and has been talking about them). This morning I wanted to take her picture but she's not exactly in a photogenic state of mind these days so she was pretty reluctant and pouty about having a picture taken with the cast - I got a little smile out of her when I told her not to smile though - she's so obstinate she had go grin since I told her not to :)
She is very fashionable with that red cast! That's the most beautiful zebra I have ever seen, that's for sure.
ReplyDelete