

Emilee has wanted to paint her room for awhile - she had so many posters and pictures on her wall that I said it would take weeks just to take down her stuff. She proved me wrong so I agreed to paint. And Taylor has wanted her room to be red (?) for some time and I told her I was not painting her bedroom red but I'd do something with red in it. So Emilee chose an electric green that this picture doesn't do justice to and found a cool comforter to replace her Redskins blanket (she still loves the Redskins, but decided it was time to update her look to an older girl's room). And I talked Taylor into a light aqua that matched her new comforter and painted all the woodwork red to tie into the red butterflies in her quilt. I also stenciled red butterflies all around the room - that was way more work than I anticipated lol. She got a red lamp and clock to finish it off. Emilee has kept her wall pretty clean (as of now) but her beloved Johnny Depp posters had to go back up as well as her Charles Billingsly pictures - some things are just too important to give up :)
The joys of painting : ) The rooms look great!
ReplyDeleteLove the colors! wow, come paint for me. I bet you all are talented & way crafty.
ReplyDeleteash