Friday, March 19, 2010

Guatemala - Emilee returns


Emilee is home from Guatemala and she will never be the same. And I say that very proudly. She loves the people of Guatemala and realizes there is a world that she once could just imagine and now knows it to be true. I still have to share some pictures, the country is beautiful and Em took over 450 pictures (don't worry I won't share them all!). But I just had to post a youtube video that one of her friends made that really captures her trip. (I've never posted a youtube video so please excuse my first attempts. Once you get through watching, just press the 'back'button to get back to the blog). Em is in the video a couple times, you can spot her helping with the Bible school day with the orphans. The cute little boy in the aqua onsie being held by a couple people is one of the rescue babies. A 13 yr. old girl saw the baby's mother burying him alive and rescued him and helped him get to the rescue center. He is now a year old. Many, many stories of survival and hope. Emilee will return and maybe next time I'll get to go with her.


1 comment:

  1. Glad she's back, and I can't wait to see some pictures. I'll have to come back to watch the video. It's not even 6am right now and I don't want to wake anyone.

    ReplyDelete