So, yesterday afternoon Sara calls me to say she and Chuck are getting a goat?! And that Chuck had to work today and she was going to go buy it by herself. Well, this adventure sounded too good to pass up and besides, how was Sara going to go buy a goat and get it home by herself, I asked. So Taylor and I jumped in the car and drove to Goochland last night so we could help. There was a farmer's market type event especially for people who wanted to sell farm animals. There were chickens of all types and sizes, bunnies, geese, ducks, a sheep, and yes, a couple goats. Sara chose this cute young goat named Lightening and bargained hard for him. He has been raised like a puppy and is so gentle and loving and spoiled. Chuck put their dog cage in their car before he left for work. Sara bought the goat and it road home in the cage right beside Taylor in the backseat. When we got him home, we cleaned out the chicken coop so he could share living quarters with the four 'girls' until Chuck completes the fence he'd already started. He is going to have to work double time now LOL. We played with the goat for awhile, went out and bought him goat food, and Taylor and I came home and went grocery shopping where Emilee is working and went through her line so we could say hi, and well done :) Our family is growing by leaps and bounds, just didn't know it was going to include a goat!
OMG!!!! That was quite a story...and sounds like it was a complete BLAST! Taylor wasn't enjoying herself, now was she?!?!? Now, you're gonna have to keep us updated on Lightening too :o)
ReplyDeleteSO cool! I love the pics, and can I come for a visit? : )
ReplyDelete