Monday, June 15, 2009

Summer








Summer is here - the kids are out of school and we're trying to think of fun things to do to keep cool and not spend money lol. Taylor loves the water and says "who wants to splash me?"

Yesterday was the start of our Bible School extravaganza. There were over 900 kids in attendance last night and the numbers will continue to rise each night. I'm a crafts coordinator and by Thursday night, we'll all be zonked but it's lots of fun - our church goes all out, very creative staff and tons of volunteers make this a great week. Emilee is working with a kindergarten class (happily, not Taylor's lol) and I'm working with 4th graders. This is Taylor's first Bible school and she is in the same class as her best friend, Sophia, they are so cute together!

We just got the first vegetables out of our garden - we're eating yellow squash and cucumbers (it's soo good, fresh and organically grown). Tomatoes will start ripening in a couple weeks and we've spotted our first watermelon!

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures and I am way jealous of your garden!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!!! I'm sooooo jealous of your garden! I have some upside down containers but I would love to have a garden like yours!

    Now the water fight...Taylor & Emilee look so darn cute! So good to see T out of the cast and having fun in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taylor looks bigger. :o) she has grown taller (since your last post) wink, wink!

    Jealous times three (heehee) :o)Save me some watermelon; and take Hannah to craft class with you'all at the church, she loves crafts.

    ReplyDelete