This past week end Sara came home for a visit as Chuck had gone fishing with his dad. It was a hectic week end with Emilee's Jr/Sr and I had a thing I had already committed to at church on Saturday morning (which was very inspiring), and Tom and I hosted a get-together with a few families from our Sunday School class on Saturday evening. And in between all that we had a chance to have some fun with Sara and enjoy seeing her as she is definitely a true mom-to-be! she had on her maternity jeans, she's gotten some really cute tops and Taylor followed around marvelling at everything Sara ate (I'm sure Sara appreciated the play by play from Taylor). Sara bought me this beautiful hanging flowering basket but the highlight of the week end was when she and Emilee and Taylor (OK, mostly Sara but she generously let the other two take some credit) cooked a meal for my mom and I on Sunday for lunch. Sara made fettucini alfredo from scratch and this really, really delicious tomato sauce complete with fresh basil and tomatoes and garlic and onion, she poured this all over top of rigatoni and baked it, it was mouth watering! Both dishes were amazing - she really is Jamie Oliver, Rachel Ray and Paula Deen all in one ;) The girls topped it all off with baking pound cake and brownies and serving those with fresh straberries and icecream. I will now be fasting for the next five days lol. Sara got to spend one-one-one time with Taylor Saturday morning and Emilee Saturday evening, so glad she got to spend time with both her sisters.
So here's to the mom-to-be, hope her mother's day is as special as she made mine (she is going to visit her new baby goat on her mother's day next Sunday! Little girl, with blue eyes, awww). Can't wait to see pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment